PSRS Job Requirements & Benefits
PSRS has an ongoing need for staff to work with individuals who have intellectual and developmental disabilities in local communities around the Puget Sound area. Our organization currently has programs in Federal Way, Covington, Kent, Seatac, Renton and Seattle’s Queen Anne neighborhood.
At various times, staff will work in both highly independent and intensely team oriented environments. A successful candidate must be able to function effectively in this dynamic arrangement – patience, collaboration, honesty, integrity, and the ability to accept constructive criticism & performance feedback with professionalism are requirements of the job.
As a qualified applicant, you meet the following basic requirements
- High School diploma or GED
- Over the age of 18 years old
- Able to work a weekend shift
- Able to pass a fingerprint background check permitting unsupervised access to vulnerable adults
- Reliable transportation, valid Washington driver license, and auto insurance
- Able to read, write, and communicate in English and/or American Sign Language
- Able to lift, push, and pull up to 50lbs.
- Able to climb 2-4 flights of stairs
- Able to walk long distances (2-4 miles)
- Able and willing to be licensed by the Department of Health
- Administer medication to clients as directed by agency nurses
Training is provided by PSRS for all new employees. Certain trainings will be required prior to officially beginning work in the field.
- Orientation & Safety
- CPR/First Aid
- Nurse Delegation Core
- 40 Hour Core Basic Curriculum
- Clinical and Financial
- Introduction to the person(s) you will support
PSRS cares about our employees. We recognize the value our staff bring and make efforts to offer fair and competitive compensation. As a PSRS full or part time employee, you are eligible for the following:
- Medical, Dental, Vision plan (offered to employees working 30+ hours/week)
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Paid Sick Leave (PSL)
- Holidays paid at time plus one half (limited to certain holidays)
- Service Award Program
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for employee and immediate family
- Professional Development and Paid Trainings
Check out current job listings here